July 5, 2016
Grow Your Business by Building a Team For Your Serviced Office
As a business owner, one of the first things you have to realize is that without a strong team, your success will be limited. While there are successful entrepreneurs or even big Fortune 500 CEO’s who may consider themselves the power behind their business, the fact is they likely had help along the way.
A team is also much more than just hiring employees. If you want your business to be successful, then shaping your employees into a productive, efficient and cohesive team is a must.
While this sounds easy, the fact is, building a quality team takes work and chances are you will hit one (or countless) speed bumps along the way.
Some team building tips that will get you started on your path to creating an unstoppable team can be found here.
Don’t Create a Job for an Employee; Hire an Employee for the Job in Your Serviced Office
Prior to searching for anyone, it is essential to define the job. If you don’t have a clear job profile, there is a high likelihood you will hire the wrong person for the job. Most job profiles can be organized into 4 different areas:
- Purpose – why is the job necessary?
- Specific responsibilities – list everything (regardless of how small) that the person in the job will be responsible for.
- Job requirement – covers the special skills, qualifications, and knowledge necessary for the job.
- Work context – this covers who the person reports to, their level and ability to make decisions on their own, who they will be in contact with, working conditions and equipment they will use.
This will need to be done for each position you plan to fill. Once you know what you need, it will be easier to hire the right person for the job.
Begin the Search For Your New Serviced Office Employee
Once you know what you are looking for, begin the search. While this process may be slightly different based on the type and size of the business, there are a number of steps that will help you along the way.
- Use freelancing sites such as Upwork.com, Freelancer.com and Freelance.com, social media, local schools and more to find the talent you want in your company.
- Be willing to interview and talk with several potential team members. Get to know their strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t ever hire a person based on what’s on paper alone, this can be quite limiting in terms of what they are really capable of.
- Be sure to speak with references and look into their background. This allows you to form a full picture of their strengths, weaknesses, and abilities.
Finding the right serviced office is easy when using the team at Business Center International.
In need of a meeting room in Denver, CO?